Translate The Page

The Power of Food Science (3)

*THE POWER OF FOOD SCIENCE (3)*
Good evening family! I’m glad to be back with us today. 😃😃
And so I’d bring the series to a conclusion today. I know we have actually picked a thing or two in the first and second part of the series. What I’d like to share with us today is also very 👌 vital, I can assure us. Even students of other profession will learn from this, sincerely! 😀
………………………………
Sat in a solitary place, an excluded environment in campus, all that my ears could pick was the semi-silent sound of the waves, the slightly-blowing kind of a wind. Really, it was a state of tranquil, internally and externally. At first I wished I could have waiter in that environ, to serve me a cup of juice and a plate of peanuts. But of a truth, I was in 😆dreamland. Thoughts upon thoughts came across my mind, pictures, views, concepts, life-matters; I kept myself in a search for understanding, until I got to this point… 🤩
“If truly Food Science is as good as claimed, why does reality deny the fact?” Obviously there are many food scientists in our nation, but does it course really pay? We have many graduates of food related courses, but do they really fit in the standard? Is food science really as good as claimed or we all are just hyping ourselves? 🤷‍♂🤷🏻‍♀ … These were the contemplations of my heart. I don’t know if there is anyone out there who has ever thought of these things, we’d so much love if you can share something meaningful with us in the comment box.
But then after long thinking, these were my resolves…
There’s still POWER in food science, what we need to add is POWER in our minds.
There’s still VALUE in food science, what we need to add is VALUE in our minds.
There’s still FUTURE in food science, what we need to create is a PICTURE in our minds.
There’s still LIFE in food science, what we really need is to give LIFE to our DREAMS.
Life doesn’t end in school. In most cases, the earning of a college certificate is just the preamble of progress in life. What made the men called ‘John Pemberton’ & ‘Asa Candler’ turn a hot black unattractive drink into a National drink? I mean in a country like America. It didn’t just become US national drink; it has become an international drink today, in every continent of the world, and almost every country. The name of the drink; COCACOLA!
It’s just the power of the mind. The history of the whites is full of men that lived with great capacity in their minds. They were visionaries, not just students. They were men passionate about change, whether in personal or corporate lives. They worked their heart & life towards it. 🏃🏃
Many come out of school as job seekers, and remain job doers till the end of their days. Africa, please let’s rise to the challenge. Someone said that when our colonial masters gave us independence, they only gave us the right to serve our plates, while they keep preparing our food. Job is good, I’m not against them, but we must have a bigger picture in view. We must be men of 👀 vision. We must build our minds. Our country is only a reflection of what the general state of mind of an average Nigerian is.
I’m glad at one of the project that Strive Masiyiwa (Founder Econet Wireless) has been promoting, it’s all about agri-food 🍊🍋🍑🍒🍟🥗 businesses. It’s a very great innovation. I’ve watched different clips of it on youtube. The man is truly a leader in Africa. But I have a trouble, the vision he shares, many food professionals haven’t incubated it in their minds yet. If a graduate in Electrical engineering has more vision for food than we ourselves, then there’s still an issue. Strive Masiyiwa studied electrical engineering, not food.
UNICEF, WHO and UN shouldn’t be the only ones thinking of how to build Africa’s nutrition, especially in under-developed countries, it should be our vision too. Our mind is a like gold mine, sometimes we just have to dig deep. Food Science is a great course, but I think we need to enrich our minds also as much as we enrich our brains. We need to get substance in our spirits to really bring to effect the changes we desire.
I believe a better NIGERIA!
I believe a better AFRICA!
I believe in FOOD SCIENCE!
No vision speaks at the beginning, at the end it shall speak.
Let me pause here. Till next time I’ll  write to you. Thanks so much 🙏🙏 for following the series.
Article By: Immanuel Rottex
Food, Nutrients and Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your view below

Action

Adbox