Translate The Page

Essence of Hygiene in Household Cooking

Essence of Hygiene in Cooking



Hello everyone!
Welcome to another series of Food, Nutrients & Health.
We are picking up a discussion on the topic "The Essence of Hygiene in Household Cooking".

Your Kitchen is the heart of your household. It is a place where you prepare healthy and delicious meals for yourself and family, and that also by maintaining proper kitchen hygiene. It can be said that hygiene begins at home.

What then is hygiene?
Hygiene is the fundamental habit to minimize the chances that our body comes in contact with germs that are dangerous to our health. In a nut shell, hygiene is cleanliness.
I'll like to share with us my experience as regards this; its now a few years back though.
After dinner then at home, I usually leave the plates unwashed till the next morning. Whenever I wanted to wash them in the morning, I see cockroaches playing in the sink and really it wasn't funny then. My mum will just talk, you understand African mothers now . I kept on being lazy about washing at night since I wasn't used to the act of washing the dishes after dinner. So I later on made up my mind to start washing the plates immediately after dinner. Lo and behold that method kept the cockroaches away from my sink .

In essence, an unhygienic cooking space attracts cockroaches and rats (insects & rodents) that make your cooking area a hub of diseases. Keeping your kitchen unclean can lead to unhealthy cooking and can make your family prone to several diseases like food poisoning, stomach infections and many more which I trust you don't want to experience.
Hygiene in household cooking is not just about the worktops being kept clean but also include our hands too. This is because our hands easily spread bacteria into food and make us ill.
Join me same time tomorrow, I'll be discussing few ways in which you can maintain hygiene in cooking and also keeping your kitchen clean.

Thanks for reading!
Article by:
Iyiola Grace Omowumi
Food, Nutrients & Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your view below

Action

Adbox