Translate The Page

Jollof Rice

I strongly believe this can be anyone’s favourite delicacy. It is a typical dish made by long/short-grain rice, tomatoes, spicy, onions, chicken and meat, although the ingredients vary across different region, I believe this is why there is a controversy on which is better between Nigeria and Ghana Jollof Rice (lol).

Although there is no specific health benefits of Jollof Rice on the internet but based on what I realized I’ll be stating some of it health benefits which are as follows;

1. I hope you can relate when I tell you eating Jollof Rice brings Joy. There is this kind of joy you feel when you know you’ll be having that special dish especially party Jollof rice. Personally, I always look forward to days when my parents have a party to attend, on such days they bring back home party Jollof rice and fried rice (yummy) well you can’t blame me as I am a food lover I guess, hard to admit that (lol). When you are joyful it promotes a healthier lifestyle, relieves stress and pain, and support longetivity as well.

2. The chicken present in the dish contains the amino acid tryptophan which has been linked to higher levels of serotonin (the “feel good” hormone) in our brains. Eating chicken can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart diseases.

3. The meat present in the meal is essential for the immune systems and brain development.

4. The spicy present in Jollof rice speeds up body metabolism, help kill bacteria and may even help fight cancer cells. 
“The secret of having great Jollof Rice is in how much love and attention you give the sauce” 
Happy eating!

Thanks for reading
Article By:
Iyiola Grace Omowumi 
Food, Nutrients & Health
......................................................
For other related articles visit our blog
www.thefoodlegends.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your view below

Action

Adbox